Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Department Store Plus Collections Post #1

Welcome to my blog. For as long as I can remember, I have been wearing plus-sized clothing. My exposure to plus-sized fashions has survived, high school, college, a wedding gown, maternity clothes, and 36 years as a teaching professional. I have been searching for fashionable clothes that fit for a very long time. The choices used to be very slim. It seemed like fashion designers were afraid to cater to those of us that were not in the normal "misses" size range. Thankfully the dark ages of plus-size shopping are no longer an issue. With the cell phone, tablet, or computer and a connection to the Internet, the choices available to us are plentiful. I plan to highlight many of the sites I have located on the net.

I think it is important to note that I am almost 65 years old. I certainly don't feel that old and definitely don't want to look that old. For many years the plus size fashion industry made clothes that looked like they were made for granny's. New designers are bringing stylish pieces to plus sized outlets. Just this week I read that Christian Siriano has created a brand new line for Lane Bryant. There are other designers that have figured out that curvy women have money to spend and want to look good, too. 

The purpose of this blog is to gather sites that are available now and put them in one easy place to make shopping easier for those of us that are plus sized. I will also spotlight unique items I find that I believe others will also like. Although I am older, I will also highlight clothing for younger women.

Today I am going to share web site links for U.S. department stores that have a decent amount of plus-sized inventory. This list is not exhaustive, I am only sharing those collections I am aware of. If you know of additional sites, please leave the URL in the comments section and I will add stores that are recommended, to this list.

Department Store Links-




JCPenny

Lord & Taylor

macy's








No comments:

Post a Comment